DecisionData.org presents information collected independently from official provider websites. We regularly update the site in an effort to keep this information up-to-date and accurate at all times. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which DecisionData.org receives compensation.
TV- Xfinity Packages
Xfinity channel packages offer consumers a range from basic to digital premier. making it easy to choose what you need with Xfinity tv packages including channels ranging from 10 to 260 channels.
Beyond the individual channels in each package, you receive access to On Demand, the hub for the most recent and beloved shows and movies available to you to watch, rent or buy through your Xfinity channel package. The mobile app gives you the ability to watch live TV or stream on demand anywhere using any device that has downloading capabilities.
Xfinity TV Prices and Plans
|Package||Number of Channels||Popular Channels|
|Xfinity Basic||10+ channels||ABC, Antenna TV, CBS, CSPAN, FOX, MTV|
|Xfinity Digital Starter||140+ channels||A&E, ABC, Animal Planet, BBC, Cartoon Network|
|Xfinity Extra||125+ channels||Comet, ION, GRIT, PBS|
|Xfinity Digital Preferred||220+ channels||CNN, FOX Sports, MLB, NHL|
|Xfinity Preferred||220+ channels||NFL Network, Disney, HGTV|
|Xfinity Digital Premier||260+ channels||CINEMAX, HBO, EPIX|
*Package availability and pricing varies by market.
Xfinity Channels and Add-Ons
- Sports Packages
- Includes NFL Network, NFL RedZone, NHL Network, ESPN Goal Line & Bases Loaded, MLB Network, NBA TV, NASCAR and NBC Golf
- International Packages
- Select channels from Arab countries, Brazil, China, the Philippines, Europe, Israel, Japan, Korea, Portugal, Russia, Vietnam and Latin America
- Premium Channels
- Includes STARZ, SHOWTIME, HBO, Cinemax, The Movie Channel, EPIX and more
- On-Demand Packages
- Subscriptions include Disney Story Central, AMC Premiere, FOX Nation, History Vault, Gaia, the Anime Network and more
Xfinity TV and Internet Bundles and Deals
The ability to bundle internet and phone services for an affordable price makes Xfinity one of the best TV providers out there. If you are looking for a reliable provider to package your TV and internet then chances are Xfinity is the way to go. Xfinity packages are not only affordable but the most widely available provider. Chances are that Xfinity packages are offered in your area!
See what Xfinity bundle deals are available in your ZIP code.
Xfinity offers several bundle deals, so if you need both TV and internet, you can get them together.
- Choice TV Select Double Play: 10+ channels, download speeds up to 100 Mbps.
- X1 Saver Pro+ Double Play: 140+ channels, download speeds up to 200 Mbps.
- X1 Preferred Pro+ Double Play: 220+ channels, download speeds up to 600 Mbps.
Some bundles include phone service:
- X1 Starter Pro+ Triple Play: 140+ digital channels, download speeds up to 600 Mbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text.
- X1 Premier Pro+ Triple Play: 260+ digital channels, download speeds up to 1 Gbps, unlimited nationwide talk and text.
Bundles vary by market; check availability here.
Xfinity TV Features
- X1 DVR: The X1 DVR, or Digital Video Recorder, from Xfinity allows the user to watch their favorite shows even if they are not around to catch them when they are streaming. Simply record the TV program of choice and then play it back when convenient. This also allows you to pause, rewind or fast-forward live TV shows and even create an instant replay. It is simple to use with the Xfinity remote control.
- Xfinity Stream App: The Xfinity Stream App is included with any of Xfinity's TV and internet plans. This app allows the user to stream thousands of on-demand shows and movies onto any screen. All you need to do is download the Xfinity Stream app on the desired device or start by stream via the desktop app. You can even schedule for the DVR to record on the go.
- Xfinity On Demand: Xfinity's On Demand gives its customers access to thousands of movies and TV shows, able to be downloaded or streamed from any device. Some of these will be available through On Demand and others may need to be rented or bought.
Xfinity TV Frequently Asked Questions
Once you have purchased a TV package from Xfinity and gotten all of the necessary products installed, you will be able to use Xfinity Stream. Your cable package will automatically be linked to the TV and available anytime the device is on. Using Xfinity Stream, you can also watch any DVR recordings or On Demand programming via your TV, computer or mobile device, as long as it is connected to WiFi.
Yes, currently available to Xfinity X1 cable customers or those with Xfinity’s Flex streaming device, the Peacock Premium streaming service from NBCUniversal is provided at no cost.
The Basic TV package through Xfinity gives a customer at least 10 channels. These include local broadcasting channels along with CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC and PBS, along with a few extras such as Discovery. It also includes any local government channels and educational channels.
Although Netflix is not included in an Xfinity subscription, the company does make it easier to stream the service. A customer can get a Netflix subscription through Xfinity X1, which would allow them to access the Netflix app on their Xfinity device, and join for a free month. Not everyone is eligible for this offer from Netflix.
To get Xfinity to lower your bill, start by doing your research. Find an offer that is better than what you are currently paying from another competitor. Make sure it is lower than what you are currently paying through Xfinity. Also, keep in mind that if you are already paying Xfinity's promotional rate, the company may be less likely to lower it for you. After you have found the right deal, call Xfinity's retention department. You can do this by calling the customer service line and asking to speak to the customer solutions department or by following the menu to cancel your service. This action automatically kicks you over to the retention department. There you can talk with a representative about the competitor's offer and try to negotiate a better deal.