Comcast Xfinity Customer ServiceCheck Availability
April 16, 2020
DecisionData.org presents information collected independently from official provider websites. We regularly update the site in an effort to keep this information up-to-date and accurate at all times. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which DecisionData.org receives compensation.
Xfinity customer service is as easy as picking up your phone or sitting down at a computer. Whether you’d prefer to chat online, talk over the phone or meet with a representative in person, Xfinity customer service is readily available.
Comcast Xfinity internet phone numbers
The primary Xfinity customer service phone number can be used for several needs, including service questions, billing information or payment, technical support or new service requests. Instead of having numerous phone numbers for different departments, the Xfinity customer service number bundles it all under one.
Monday – Saturday, 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM
This phone number is for all your Xfinity internet needs, whether questions or requests. Some of the common reasons for calling the Xfinity customer service number include service inquiries, billing information, bill payments, technical support and new service requests.
Comcast Xfinity internet customer service reputation
Xfinity is owned by Comcast and is grouped with Comcast by entities such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for purposes of evaluation. BBB ratings are an estimation of “how a business is likely to interact with its customers.” The BBB rated Comcast at a ‘C’ on a scale of ‘F’ to ‘A+.’ Customer reviews on the BBB score Comcast at 3 ½ out of 5. Comcast has three government lawsuits noted on the BBB site, with two of them having been resolved, and one of them listed as ongoing. The ongoing lawsuit, as filed by the Minnesota Attorney General, “claims that Comcast has overcharged consumers, charged consumers for unordered products, and failed to deliver promotional Visa gift cards promised in exchange for signing up.”
Other ways to contact Comcast Xfinity customer service
There are many ways to get in touch with Xfinity customer service other than calling them. Below is a list of their social media platforms, live chat, forums and more. Each of these links provides a way to contact Xfinity customer service, and many of them are also sources of news and information from Xfinity.
- Xfinity Assistant chat:Text chat online with the Xfinity Assistant software to troubleshoot problems or initiate service requests.
- Xfinity Reddit page: The Reddit community page for Xfinity is a place for community insight and dialogue with Xfinity representatives and fellow customers.
- Xfinity forums: The official online community for all things Xfinity. The forum is a resource for questions, guides, recommendations and more.
- Xfinity Facebook page: The official Facebook page for Xfinity is a useful tool for keeping up with Xfinity news and engaging with fellow customers.
- Xfinity Twitter page: The official Twitter page for Xfinity is a convenient place to get Xfinity news and information.
- Xfinity Instagram page: The official Xfinity Instagram page is a good source of Xfinity highlights and news.
- Xfinity store locator: This tool can help you to find the nearest Xfinity store and see what offers and deals are available.
- Xfinity support page: The official Xfinity support page serves as a gateway to their primary forms of contact and provides troubleshooting help.
- Xfinity Status Center: The Xfinity Status Center keeps you in the loop regarding any service outages or issues happening with Xfinity internet.
Xfinity troubleshooting and quick help guides
Before you contact Xfinity customer service, see if your problem isn’t one that you can fix on your own. Below are step-by-step guides for resolving some of the more common issues that can affect your Xfinity internet.
How to reset Xfinity passwords
- Go to the Xfinity password reset page on the Xfinity website.
- Enter your Xfinity ID.
- Select ‘reset password.’
- Enter a new password and confirm.
Troubleshooting Xfinity Internet problems
- Go to the Xfinity Status Center webpage.
- Look to see if there is an outage in your area.
- If no outages are reported for your area, try restarting your modem.
Manage Xfinity data usage
- Go to the Xfinity Data Usage Center website
- Click the button to ‘sign in to my account.’
- Enter your account information and confirm.
How to pay your Xfinity bill
- Go to the Xfinity website.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select the ‘make a payment’ button.
- Choose the amount to pay.
- Select your preferred payment method.
- Review and submit payment.
Comcast Xfinity troubleshooting and helpful guides
Several useful guides can be found on the Xfinity website. Listed below are some of the essentials.
- How to connect to Xfinity Hotspots
- What to do if your internet is out
- How to pay your Xfinity bill
- How to connect your mobile device to your Xfinity
- How to configure windows for Xfinity internet
- How to configure a Mac for Xfinity Internet
- How to set up your Xfinity email
- How to set up parental controls
- How to connect your router to Xfinity Internet
- How to connect a smart TV to Xfinity Internet
Xfinity customer service frequently asked questions
How do I manage my Xfinity home internet?
Xfinity offers a few options for managing your home internet. The two most convenient methods are to use the Xfinity app, or to log into your account page on the Xfinity website. A third option is to contact Xfinity customer service by phone and have a technician take a look at your home network remotely.
Does Xfinity Internet come with data limits?
There is a flat data cap of 1 terabyte (TB), with an option to pay $50 extra per month for an unlimited amount of data. 1 TB is equal to 1,000 gigabytes and you can use your internet for a few months to determine how much data you regularly use before deciding to upgrade, if necessary.
Does Xfinity Internet require a phone line?
No, for Xfinity Internet, you will use either a coaxial cable line or a fiber optic line, depending on the internet packages available in your area. If such a line isn’t present in your home, then the Xfinity installation tech will install an appropriate line for you.
Does Xfinity Internet include WiFi?
If you get your modem and router from Xfinity, then it will include WiFi capabilities. However, if you install your own router, then you might also have to install a modem to get WiFi. However, many modern routers have WiFi modems built-in.