DecisionData.org presents information collected independently from official provider websites. We regularly update the site in an effort to keep this information up-to-date and accurate at all times. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which DecisionData.org receives compensation.
Spectrum TV Packages
Spectrum is all about providing quality service without tying their customers into contracts. Spectrum TV offers three packages along with add-ons and options that make it easier to select what you want, paying only for the channels that you are interested in.
They have a large variety of popular channels, with even their most basic TV package, Spectrum TV Select, still carrying channels like ESPN and HBO.
First, work with a representative to select the package that best fits your needs. Then, you can decide whether to take advantage of their free standard installation or do it yourself. Spectrum includes easy to follow instructions and guides to get you through the installation process smoothly.
One of the pieces of equipment that Spectrum sends is the Spectrum Receiver. This enables you to receive your channels and also functions as the DVR or digital video recorder.
It has a built-in hard drive that can record and store programs up to several hours long so that even if you are gone, your favorite shows aren't. The DVR has 80GB of hard drive capacity, storing 30 hours of HD recording.
They also offer a Spectrum Cloud DVR and Cloud DVR Plus packages. These packages allow you to record TV programs and watch them from your devices whenever you want since it stores to the cloud.
With Spectrum, you also get free On Demand service. On Demand gives you access to thousands of popular TV shows and movies available to watch, rent or buy. Paired with the Spectrum TV App, this option allows you to watch anything you want, anytime you want. The TV App is downloadable on any connected device and lets you stream content from anywhere that you have WiFi.
Take note that Spectrum also offers bundle deals if you pair TV with their phone plans and internet deals. This can add up to quite a savings when services are purchased in one bundled package.
Spectrum offers three main TV packages:
- Spectrum TV Select, which includes 125+ channels
- Spectrum TV Silver, with 175+ channels
- Spectrum TV Gold, with 200+ channels
But these three are not your only options with Spectrum. To offer customers more flexibility, they also have the TV Choice Package and the TV Essentials Package.
The TV Choice package allows you the ultimate set of options, delivering all of your local channels, plus 10 cable channels of your choice, at a cheaper price than the typical Select, Silver and Gold packages.
The TV Essentials Package is a live streaming service offering the 60 most popular entertainment channels. All you need for this package is the internet, but it's only available for one device at a time. The service offers only specific channels covering live streaming on lifestyle, news and sports. The channels include AMC, Discovery, The Weather Channel, Cooking Channel, Nickelodeon and more. This service doesn't offer the cloud DVR, but it may be launched soon. The service does include an on-demand library.
|TV Select||$44.99/mo.||125+||ESPN, TLC, HGTV|
|TV Silver||$69.99/mo.||175+||HBO, Showtime, NFL|
|TV Gold||$89.99/mo.||200+||STARZ, The Movie Channel|
Spectrum TV Add-Ons
- Sports Package
- From $44 for 12 months
- NFL Network, NBA TV, MLB Network, NHL Network, PGA, NASCAR
- International Package
- From $99 for 12 months
- Packages from Vietnam, South Asia, Russia, Portugal, Korea, Japan and Italy, as well as in many languages: Hebrew, Greek, German, French, Spanish, Filipino and Chinese
- Premium Channels
- Added to any package for $15 per channel per month
- HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, CINEMAX, The Movie Channel and EPIX
- On Demand Packages
- No extra charge
- Anime Network, here! Monthly, Karaoke Monthly, Too Much for TV, Playboy TV
Spectrum TV Features
- Spectrum TV App
- The Spectrum TV App gives you full access to the full channel lineup included in your package and supplied from On Demand, including more than 50,000 shows and movies. Use any mobile device connected to the internet, including smartphones, Xbox, Smart TVs, tablets, laptops and more. The Spectrum TV App means that even if you need to head out or be away from home, you can watch live on the go from any of your connected devices.
- Free Primetime On Demand
- All of Spectrum's TV packages come with Primetime On Demand. This includes thousands of popular TV shows and movies available to watch, rent or buy through On-Demand
- Free HD
- All of the shows and channels available through Spectrum TV are offered in HD quality for free. However, this is only available in qualifying locations.
Spectrum Frequently Asked Questions
Spectrum offers three basic TV packages, including the Select package, the Silver package and the Gold package. Each of these offers anywhere from 125 to 200 channels. Starting with the basic package, Spectrum Select, you receive channels including ESPN, TNT and CNN.
The Spectrum Select package starts at $44/mo. for the first 12 months for 125+ channels. The Gold package, Spectrum's most expensive, starts at $89 and includes 200+ channels. Some packages offer more flexibility, including TV Choice at $24.99/mo. for 10+ channels, as well as TV Essentials at $14.99/mo. at 60+ channels.
The cheapest package including just the TV deal and no internet or phone service, is Spectrum TV Select. This package starts at $44.99/mo. and includes 125+ channels.
Start by researching better offers from other companies, so you are ready with competing prices and details about those plans when you reach out to customer service. Some providers will consider offering you a discount or matching competitor prices. If negotiating doesn't work, follow up with a phone call to the billing department.
Sometimes, if a customer wants to cancel their current subscription, the representative will send you to the retention team. Talk to them about how you are not happy with the more expensive price – or other issues you've been having – and tell them that you are interested in changing providers.
Ask if they have any promotions you can take advantage of as a valued customer. But note that if they are still charging you the original promotional price they normally offer their new customers for the first year, they are unlikely to lower the price any more.
Compare Spectrum to DIRECTV here.