EarthLink Internet ServiceCheck Availability
April 14, 2020
DecisionData.org presents information collected independently from official provider websites. We regularly update the site in an effort to keep this information up-to-date and accurate at all times. The offers that appear on this site are from companies from which DecisionData.org receives compensation.
EarthLink Internet service provides both residential and business internet service. The company was formed in 1994 when the Internet was still an infant. In 2019, Trive Capital acquired EarthLink. EarthLink advertises no caps, no throttling and no teaser rates that go up after a short time. EarthLink has coverage in 36 states with the greatest coverage in California, New York and Texas. However, it’s fiber cable internet service, called HyperLink is only available in 21 states.
EarthLink does require you to sign a contract and customers are required to purchase or rent an EarthLink-approved modem for $74.95 or $6.95 per month. EarthLink Internet also charges a one-time fee to install your service, but there are occasional promotions that waive this fee.
Keep in mind that prices and speeds vary by location, and not all plans are available in all areas. Plus, if you cancel before your contract is up, you will pay an early termination fee.
|Types||Speed (MBPS)||Data Caps||Contract||Starting Price||Availability|
|DSL, Fiber||Up to 1,000||No||Yes||$49.95||Check Availability|
EarthLink internet service
EarthLink provides both DSL and fiber internet service with speeds ranging from 15 Mbps to 1 GIG (1,000 Mbps). Although packages and speeds vary greatly depending on where you live, EarthLink Internet service does provide competitively priced high-speed internet for most any use to residents and business owners in its coverage area.
Hyperlink Fiber Internet
- Six plans available with speeds up to 1 GIG (1,000 Mbps)
- Speeds ranging from 50 Mbps to 1,000 Mbps
- Multiple choices for multi-connected users
- Fast download speeds for gaming or streaming, and larger media files
- No data caps on any plan
- Stream music and video on 75 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 200 Mbps plans with no lag time
- Plans start at about $50.00 per month up to $100.00 per month (not counting taxes, fees and other charges)
- Only available in 21 states
- Four plans with speeds that range from 3.0 Mbps, 6.0 Mbps, 7.0 Mbps and 15 Mbps
- Not available in all areas
- No data caps
- No contract on DSL plans
- Available in 36 states
Actual download speeds may vary based on location, devices and systems used and time of day. Prices can also vary based on your location. Additional fees include an installation fee and a modem fee. The Hyperlink Internet plan also requires a twelve-month contract. If you cancel your service early, you will be charged an early termination fee of $200.
- Download speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- No data caps
Pricing per month plus taxes for length of contract, unless otherwise stated. Additional fees and terms may apply. Pricing may or may not reflect promotional, bundle and/or other offers available. Pricing varies by location and availability. All prices subject to change at any time. May or may not be available based on service address. Speeds may vary.
EarthLink internet bundle packages
EarthLink Internet service does not publish bundle packages on its website. There may be bundled packages, promotions and deals but you would have to live in the EarthLink Internet service area and provide an address to see them.
EarthLink internet fees
EarthLink Internet service charges a number of fees for use of its services. These include:
- EarthLink Internet service charges a $69.95 installation fee
- You must buy the EarthLink-approved modem for $74.95 or $6.95 per month
- Early termination fee: $200.00
In addition to EarthLink Internet service’s monthly recurring charges and fees, you will be charged taxes, assessments and surcharges for all equipment and services.
EarthLink internet deals
EarthLink does not publish deals or promotions on its website. You must add in an address in Earthlink’s area to receive this information. Promotional pricing is also only available for customers who have not subscribed to any other EarthLink Internet service in the past year. Any deals offered by EarthLink Internet service are promotional as of March seventeenth, 2020, and are subject to change. Offers may also be terminated at any time and may not be available in all areas.
EarthLink internet data caps
EarthLink has no data caps on any of its internet plans. However, the small print says that you may be charged an overage fee if you surpass EarthLink’s conditions for usage.
EarthLink internet service availability
EarthLink internet service is not available in every area of the U.S. In fact, EarthLink only serves customers and business owners with its DSL service in 36 states (mostly on the east and west coasts) and in 21 states with its fiber internet service. Explore our Earthlink coverage map for more details on if you have availability in your area.
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Pros and cons of Earthlink internet
- Online self-help support, live online chat and 24/7 phone support.
- Overall pricing for both DSL and fiber internet is competitive
- Relatively fast internet speeds
- 10 internet plans to choose from with speeds up to 1 GIG
- No data caps
- Only available in limited areas of the U.S.
- The Hyperlink Internet plan has a twelve-month contract and an early termination fee of up to $200.
- A number of added fees, including installation charges and modem rental fee.
- Poor customer satisfaction