We’re Going to Pay Four People $250 to Play Online Games One Hour a Day For a Week. No, Seriously.
If you’re sitting at home in social isolation looking to earn extra cash, we have the perfect opportunity for you. Given how stressful the last few weeks have been on many people, we want to see if one hour of playing video games can offer reliable relaxation.
During the Decisiondata.org Dream Job Giveaway, we are going to randomly select four people to participate in an experiment in which they will play one hour of online video games a day across a one week period and report on their stress levels before and after each gaming session.
Each of the four participants who complete the seven hours of gaming and reporting requirements set forth in the Official Rules will receive $250 in a VISA cash gift card.
Who should apply
Any legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and Washington, D.C., who are age 18 and over are eligible to enter. Limit one entry per person. Participants will be limited to one person per household. No gaming skills are required, just a willingness to play.
If selected, the participants will be asked to record the following information:
- The time at which they choose to take a one hour break to play games.
- The game they chose to play (we will provide a list of recommendations, or you can choose your personal favorites).
- Their stress level (on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no stress and 10 being high stress) right before they start playing games.
- Their stress level (on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being no stress and 10 being high stress) right after they start playing games.
- We will require the participants to be willing to commit to seven straight days of spending one hour a day gaming.
- Full terms and conditions can be found here.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the type of thing you would be interested in participating in, submit the required information here or through the form below. Limit one entry per person. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Jun 10th, 2020.
How will you know if you are selected?
We will randomly select four potential participants on or about June 30th, 2020. Potential participants will receive an email to confirm they are still interested in participating, and will be asked to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and a Release, at which point we will arrange a week that works for you to complete the gaming experiment.